Thursday, September 2, 2010

Turkey!

I annoy many of my nearest and dearest with chatter about Istanbul, Turkey so I'm giving them a break (doesn't mean they're free from it!) and using this blog as another outlet.

My obsession with Istanbul started when I went there with my parents at age 14, but the defining time was when I was 17 and got excepted into AFS student exchange program... resulting in 6 months living in Istanbul!
It truly feels like a my second home, and there's so many amazing things about the city too which make me crazy about it!
btw - you may have noticed my blogs name 'Guzel things' has a turkish word in it. Guzel means beautiful.
Here's some of my favourite photos taken in Istanbul from my exchange in 2005/06.

 Some of the boys in my class, Anil, Cem, Me, Anil (you'll have to excuse the bad photo quality of some photos and the lack of turkish letters)



My host parents, they were both doctors. I love this photo!, they probably won't :p


A street dog in a snowy park - Actually the park was called Parc Guzel!



No comments:

Post a Comment